Star Wars – A New Hope
Han Solo: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
Luke Skywalker: You don’t believe in the Force, do you?
Han Solo: Kid, I’ve flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I’ve seen a lot of strange stuff, but I’ve never seen anything to make me believe there’s one all-powerful force controlling everything. There’s no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Han Solo: It’s true. All of it. The Dark Side. A Jedi. They’re real.
- My, how Han has come full circle. I have a feeling the script and dialog are going to be awesome.
- I felt like a kid again waiting for halftime of ‘Monday Night Football’ to watch the new Star Wars trailer, and in a weird sort of way, I got a bit emotional about it. Maybe it had to do with John Williams’ musical score that went along with everything. We only got a glimpse of Luke, possibly, with his robotic hand touching R2. My expectations are high and I expect this film to go above them. I’m just asking WifeGeeding to go with me for the first five times and then I’ll go alone.
- What a feeling it must be for people like George Lucus and Gene Roddenberry to create an entire universe out of their mind and see it come to life in film and then live on with great enthusiasm. Just think of the number of jobs and the amount of commerce they are responsible for because of a storyline they concocted.
- Oh, how I love living in the world of Twitter where I can see others share their love and passion for something like a Star Wars movie trailer. But then again, I also have to see others express their hate and frustrations with other events.
- With all the talk about movie ticket websites crashing for the first day of tickets, I’m quite sure James Cameron can kiss his box office record for highest grossest film good-bye.
- While watching ‘Fargo’ last night I saw a commercial that featured a middle-aged adult holding an original R2-D2 action figure. I told WifeGeeding I knew where mine was and was able to retrieve it in less than ten seconds. That’s it in the top photo with part of the commercial in the background. I should have taken a picture that was actually in focus. Printed on the bottom of R2 is the year 1977.
- ‘Fargo’ was once again, excellent.
- Next Monday on ‘Jeopardy!’ you’ll see an old church friend of mine named Beth compete. On Facebook yesterday she posted a picture of her and Trebek and stated she was quite happy with the make-up department.
- Early voting started yesterday in Texas, here are the seven ballot measures.
- If the government shuts down, so does my place of employment. Yesterday we were told to be judicious with our vacation time for the next government funding deadline and possible shutdown, which is in December.
- Public service announcement – This Sunday, most NFL cheerleaders should be sporting Halloween costumes. You can either divert or train your eyes for the sidelines.
- CBS developing sitcom based on obeying the Bible as literally as possible – The article started off on the wrong foot with me with “Revelations 33:15”. As you know, this is my biblical pet peeve or irritant. It’s the book of “Revelation” not the book of “Revelations”.
- Buzzfeed – The Ruins Of A Historic Church Are Rising Out Of A Reservoir In Mexico– A lack of rain has lowered water levels in the Grijalva River, allowing the beautifully eerie reemergence of a 16th century church.
- If you are a fan of Disney’s Frozen, then you’ll like this WestJet plane.
- GIF – A great Cinderella costume
- Dallas Observer – Dallas’ Six Best Baskets of Fried Okra
- Lyft is offering DeLorean rides on Back to the Future Day – That would be tomorrow, October 21.