Bag of Randomness for Monday, October 19, 2015
- I took the family to the only Sub Zero Ice Cream store in the area, which is in Hurst. That’s where they make the ice cream right in front of you by using liquid nitrogen and mixing cream and other ingredients, and get to see a cloud of cold stuff overflow from the counter. The kids weren’t as impressed as I thought they’d be, and the ice cream seemed a bit chunky since they freeze it right in front of you and hand mix it. As for taste, it was okay, I’d rather make a trip to Marble Slab or DQ to get a Blizzard. I also didn’t think the staff was all that friendly or helpful.
- ESPN used Beth Mowins to do the play-by-play announcing for their television broadcast on Saturday. It was the first time I heard a woman broadcast a football game. I’ll admit it was a bit of an adjustment for me though she was just fine in her job. Little did I know, but she’s the second woman to do play-by-play for the NFL, though it was on radio. That article states Gayle Sierens was the first woman to provide play-by-play, but it was three decades ago.
- When I need to heat something for 30-seconds in the microwave, I usually just do it for 33-seconds to avoid moving my finger to the zero button. I can’t tell if that makes me lazy or more efficient.
- Larry David playing Bernie Sanders on SNL was greatness.
- Benjamin L. Corey – If The Bible Commands Us To Bless Israel, It Commands Us To Bless Muslims Too
- An article from back in 2000 about the Pentagon practicing for a scenario of a plane crashing into it. The exercise had 341 victims while the terrorist attack on 9/11/2001 had 184. The Wikipedia article also shows a picture of a special burial vault used for the unidentified victims
- Buzzfeed – These Five Sisters Found An Adorable Way To Thank Their Parents For Paying For All Of Their Weddings – The photo shoot of them in their wedding dresses is almost too cute. – Personally, I think this was just an excuse for all the sisters to get dolled up, show off their rings, and get cute photos made before getting pregnant with the excuse of thanking their parents. Perhaps it’s one way to sticking it to dad for never paying for their Glamour Shots.
- GIF – Jaguar jumps into a body of water and easily drags a caiman out for dinner.
- GIF – One dog totally throws the other dog (not literally) under the bus
- GIF – A two-legged dog that’s full of joy running on a beach
- Church shooting of a different sort – Violence marred a church service Sunday when a man with a brick attacked the pastor, who whipped out his Glock handgun and fired several shots, killing the man, Detroit police said.
- A couple of Disney feature film animation directors take on a few popular myths about their films.
- In case you even wanted to know how to clean between oven glass panels.
- At least they can afford the therapy – Wealth therapy tackles woes of the rich: ‘It’s really isolating to have lots of money’
- The theatrical poster for the new Star Wars movie was released yesterday and while I think it’s awesome, I’m surprised Luke isn’t in it. A new trailer is going to air tonight on ‘Monday Night Football’. You can actually buy tickets for it today, the movie comes out on Dec 17.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink