- We made our annual trip to the Flower Mound pumpkin patch yesterday evening. That’s the only place I know of in which an old fashioned merry-go-round exists.
- On the way home we ate at Dairy Queen and I had a steak finger basket, something I use to get all the time in Mineral Wells and something I don’t think I’ve eaten in maybe fifteen years. If I have another steak finger basket in fifteen years it will be too soon.
- On the way home, Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing Compares 2 U” came on the radio and I blurted out, “SINBAD O’CONNOR!”. I didn’t expect the kids to get the SNL reference, but I thought WifeGeeding would have. Instead, I heard crickets chirping along with the song. And in case you are wondering, I did spell the title of the song correctly.
- The first sad book I can remember reading is Where the Red Fern Grows.
- Phil Collins’ fans rejoice: Artist announces end of retirement – I can’t think of a time when channel surfing in the car in which I landed on a Collins song and changed the station.
- East Texas judge tells couples ‘Get married or stay away from each other’ – It looks like he did something similar back in July.
- A Wataburger Nike shoe
- Houston Chronicle – The creepiest Texas urban myths and weird phenomena
- I don’t like the idea of the Rangers not keeping pitching coach Mike Maddux.
- Former Cowboys player Dennis Morgan has fatal heart attack in stands during Sunday’s Cowboys-Giants game
- FiveThirtyEight – The Cowboys are the most televised team in the NFL
- Today’s dose of ‘MURICA!
- “To die will be an awfully big adventure.” —Peter Pan
Looking For Something?
Recently Came From