Bag of Randomness for Thursday, August 13, 2015
- College football starts in 21 days.
- As a kid, it was a real treat to ride in the truck bed going down the highway. I don’t know what current laws are now, but I’m sure it’s frowned upon. I think it’s permitted up to 45 mph or something.
- I’d like to provide more details, and perhaps I can at a later date, but I confronted a man, a neighbor, that was looking through our master bath window last night. And in case you are wondering, it wasn’t the lineman that plays for our local football club, he’s in San Diego right now, per my sources.
- I know it’s only the first week with Jon Stewart off the air, but my evenings feel so weird as of late. For the last fifteen years, my usual routine was to watch Stewart and then Letterman before going to bed, now I’m just going to bed about an hour earlier since both have signed off.
- It’s probably not on par with Jesus appearing on a tortilla or toast – A Disney Princess (Cinderella, Maybe?) Spotted In An Ice Cube – I’d say it’s either Elsa, because that makes the most sense, or this is the result of Elsa acting out at a princess that ticked her off.
- Buzzfeed – This Little Trick Shows How Strong Your iPhone Signal Actually Is
- In his closing arguments, a lawyer talked about the power of a whisper and tied it to the Bible (PDF). Here’s more background on the case if you are interested. He really should fix that mast head on his website, it takes up half the page and stays put while scrolling.
- GIF – Video stabilization
- Gizmodo – Watch the Incredible Force of a Typhoon Move a Skyscraper’s 720-Ton Mass Damper – Mass dampers are designed to counteract the swaying of a skyscraper as it’s buffeted by strong winds or earthquakes. But it’s incredibly rare to see one of these huge devices moving more an a few inches. Unless, of course, there’s a typhoon nearby.
- The Marines who lowered the flag at the U.S. Embassy in Havana in 1961 are heading back to raise it.
- Wheaties Is Now Making Beer
- Roger Ailes to Donald Trump: ‘We resolve this now…or go to war’
- Vlogger replaces Porsche brake pads with iPhones – One iPhone 4S was still able to power on after the experiment, but it was damaged beyond functioning.
- Bumble Bee to Pay $6 Million Over Employee Cooked in Tuna Oven
- Plano comes in second on the big list, and two other Texas cities also crack that top ten – Top 10 Cities With the Smallest—and Largest—Homes
- Coppell High School has some kind of Plunger Boy mascot tradition that started in 1999 when South Lake Carroll students called Coppell students “white trash”.
- Uptown Dallas is getting a new building with a screwy design.
- Pizza critic takes on the new crop of Chipotle-style pizzerias in Dallas
- Twitter finally drops the 140-character limit from direct messages – Say whatever’s on your mind, up to 10,000 characters
- Watch an incredible 360-degree video of a F-22 Raptor flying in formation with a P-51 Mustang
- As with everything else he’s done in life, Jimmy Carter will fight cancer with grace and dignity. He’s set a high standard for what to do post-presidency.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink