Bag of Randomness
- If I ever got a chance to walk on the moon, the first think I’d do is just run and hop around. The second, pick up a rock and see how far I can throw that sucker.
- DaughterGeeding is over three years old and she got her first haircut last night. Well, a trim, actually.
- I’ve noticed a lot of men wearing camouflage shorts this year, don’t expect me to join them.
- I think it’s been well over a decade since I last wore jorts, or jean shorts.
- When my father died 15 years ago, we got all sorts of flowers and plants, more than my liking personally, but I did appreciate the sentiment. I’m proud to say that one of them is still alive and taller than me. Here’s a blurry pic of it, and that portrait you can barely see is of my father in his Army uniform when he was a young officer.
- My dad served first in the Navy and did bombing runs in the Atlantic theater. After the war he was in the Ohio National Guard, and at the start of Korea, entered the Army. The other day I was going through his things and found his aviator flight book which lists a lot of bombing runs and training stuff. If there’s any interest, I’ll take some pics and post them. Most of the flights were in a PV-1 Ventura and a SB2C Helldiver, and a few in a N2N.
- I think shorthand in texting and instant messaging is acceptable, but sometimes I find it annoying. For instance, one coworker shorthands “good” to “gud” which makes the word look silly and she’s just saving one keystroke from a correct spelling. I also find “u” for “you” annoying, but think it’s more acceptable since you are saving at least two keystrokes and I don’t do as much as a double-take. She also uses “pls” for “please” and “thx” for “thanks” – I’ve got time for that.
- Man, an XBox sure is loud.
- Google Is Working On Its Own Video Game Console
- If someone told you there would be a movie with major Hollywood stars in which there’s a scene where the President of the United States is riding in the back of the presidential limo firing a rocket launcher, you’d think that person was crazy. But that movie opens this weekend.
- Gov Perry likes to advocate that Texas is a low regulation state, but this abortion bill is adding more regulation. He also has taken a stand on government creeping in on our personal lives, but supporting the bill goes against that stand. I guess life is full of contradictions for all of us, we just have to weigh what’s more important to us when it comes to our values and where we stand on certain issues. Not’s not a stab at him, we all are like that in some capacity.
- Sometimes money trumps valuing life, there have been wars over oil, after all.
- Wendy Davis’s Filibustering Mizuno Sneakers Getting Great Reviews on Amazon
- When I’m eating at Braum’s and look at their little grocery, I often wonder who would buy some of those items. Is there really demand for the Braum’s version of Coke?
- Give me the sugar cone over the waffle cone and cake cone/cup thingy.
- I was walking DaughterGeeding back from the restroom at a restaurant yesterday and an elementary school girl got in our way but politely apologized. The kid was so friendly and genuine, I walked over to her parents and told them their kid had great manners and they are doing a good job of parenting. I think I made their day.
- Chef Dean Ferring recently talked about his divorce . . . I always thought he played for the other team . . . or maybe that’s why he’s divorced.
- The Philadelphia Phillies AAA team will be giving away a free funeral on ‘Celebration of Life’ night.
- Cap’n Crunch and 9 Other Fake Military Titles and Their Backgrounds
- An artist is spending a year on an egg shaped wooden boat.
- Detention officer’s ear bitten, thanks inmates for helping her
- It airs in September – ‘The Price is Right’ tapes special all-Plinko episode
- The Onion – Eminem Terrified As Daughter Begins Dating Man Raised On His Music
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink