Bag of Randomness
- I’m one of those that fear the radiation the comes from my mobile phone, so I try to keep it at a “safe” distance from me when I’m not using it.
- I just learned that Equifax, and I’m sure others, offers a service to employers to verify past employment history and income. So be careful padding that resume and income history.
- In the next 50 years, I bet asteroid mining will be popular and a very lucrative investment.
- Because John Oliver has the same writers as Stewart, the jokes are about the same, but Stewart definitely has a better delivery.
- I’ve never been a big fan of the filibuster, but watching last night was gripping, it’s something in Texas politics I thought I’d never see.
- I think the most retweeted thing last night was, “At what point does a female senator need to raise her voice to be heard over the male colleagues in the room?”
- I’m one of those that feel you can’t legislate morality, and prefer to do want we can to bring the unwanted pregnancies down, which will bring down the abortion rate. Easier said than done, I know.
- You know Sen. Wendy Davis had to be wearing adult diapers. But that sacrifice will be worth it to walk on to the national stage and motivate the normally quiet Texas Democrats.
- I can’t believe no local news station was airing any of this, thankfully The Texas Tribute had a live stream on YouTube. Which leads me to this tweet: The #standwithwendy livestream is now >170k viewers, beating all but 1 cable news network’s ratings from last night. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/25/cable-news-ratings-for-monday-june-24-2013/188811/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29 …
- Black bear scales 10-foot fence to visit Knoxville Zoo
- Something for you Aggies to be proud about since College Station is the only Texas city on the list – These are the 100 smartest cities in America (study)
- I’m a fan of Jerry Seinfeld’s series of taking well known comedians and actors on car rides and a cup of coffee. His latest is with David Letterman. The car they ride in actually is quite unique. It’s a Volvo station wagon with a modified Ford supercharged racing engine that was given to Letterman by Paul Newman. Their conversation about their time on Carson was interesting. At one point they just walk into a True Value and meet a few strangers. I wonder what that must have been like to just go to the store and run into Letterman and Seinfeld.
- NPR is asking for your suggestions of best children’s books ages 9-14.
- Rick Santorum to head a new Texas based studio which aims to bring faith-based film-making to Hollywood
- Bono praises Bush 43 and evangelical Christians on a Focus on the Family interview. This quote from Focus on the Family stood out, “The way Bono lives out his faith is a message we are trying to emphasize with families every day.” Here’s the interview.
- You can blame George Bush for a lot of things, but not this.
- One of the better articles I’ve read about Bono, this one talks about tax evasion and his faith.
- Reporter Overhears Member of Congress ‘Dialing for Dollars,’ Tweets Conversations
- Georgia woman required to get a Pap exam to prove she’s a woman to renew driver’s license
- Yahoo’s ‘Dirty Old Man’ Shareholders Remind Marissa Mayer She’s a Woman
- Here’s a cute and entertaining Twitter account to follow of someone putting their guinea pig in various situations and posting pics of them.
- Company closes after a computer generated a t-shirt slogan – Keep Calm and Rape a Lot
- Lady Who Drank Nothing But Soda for 16 Years Not Doing So Well
- Man allegedly loses new job after offering bacon to Muslim recruiter
- Noah Arks from around the world
- The Baltimore Ravens sure did take a shot at Miami Heat fans.
- Back to the Future Sports Almanac iPad Case
- Original ‘Superman’ Co-Star Interrupts ‘Man of Steel’ Conversation in Movie Theater Restroom
- Timewaster of the Day: Play Pac-Man in first person
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink