Bag of Randomness
- Sometimes when I’m in a restaurant I see a headshot photograph of a celebrity with some sort of shout out to the establishment and an autograph. I know there are various classes of celebrity, but I wonder if the restaurant staff asks for such a thing, or do some celebrities mail one in on their own as a nice gesture or brings them in (the minor or local ones) with hopes of them being hung. It’s probably somewhere in between, but I always thought it would be funny for me to sign a headshot of myself and see if it can be hung and tricking them into thinking I’m actually a somebody. I bet that trick would work before we all had the World Wide Web at our fingertips.
- This whole IRS unfair targeting issue smells fishy. The news broke on a Friday, as if officials were hoping it would get swept under the rug. And then if you mix in that this happened during election time in one of the most important battle ground states against organizations that oppose the incumbent administration, it all just smells bad. I’m not going as far to say that the President pulled a Nixon and ordered such a thing to occur, but something ain’t right.
- But I’m not going to go as far as Sen Marco Rubio to call for a nonexistent IRS director to step down.
- There is now news about the Justice Department secretly collecting phone records from the AP. I really haven’t had time to check out the details, but that also smells fishy, but so far I think the excuse was to try to find a leak of some sorts.
- OJ sure has put on some weight since being behind bars.
- The ultimate retro video game cake?
- A bit underwhelming – The 10 (make that 11) buildings that define Dallas
- I caught a ‘Modern Marvels’ last night about smells and it stated that the average adult pig produces 12 lbs of manure a day. That’s a lot of crap.
- It took eight full seasons, but us ‘How I Met Your Mother’ finally know who Ted’s wife is going to be. We still don’t know the character’s name, but we’ve now seen her from toe-to-head and she’s played by Cristin Milioti. Right after the episode aired and I found out her name, I thought it was a bit funny and interesting her Wikipedia page was already updated with this new info.
- One of my favorite ‘Seinfeld’ moments is when Jerry is talking about fake breasts and states “It’s like finding out Mickey Mantle corked his bat.” Now there’s a story that the Mick may have done such a thing.
- Speaking of the Mick, did you know his body is in a mausoleum in Dallas? I remember when he died they aired his funeral live on KDFW Fox4 and Billy Crystal and Bob Costas were in attendance. After the broadcast, KDFW sold copies of the funeral with proceeds going to some kind of charity or organization. My dad that was a weird way to raise funds, selling a video cassette of a funeral.
- I recently learned about Luna 15. Right when Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin were about to leave the moon, an unmanned Russian ship named Luna 15 was suppose to pick up moon soil samples and return to Earth, but it crash landed some 700 miles away from the Americans. Could you imagine what would have happened if Luna 15 somehow interfered with Apollo 11?
- I’ll be seeing my ear, nose, throat doctor today about my sleep apnea. My guess, a sleep study comes next.
- 4-year-old mayor is running Minnesota town
- The new Philadelphia Eagles head coach sure is upsetting is players by getting rid of Taco Tuesday and Fast Food Friday.
- Here’s a great retro video game time-waster from Google.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink