Bag of Randomness
- About two weeks ago WifeGeeding’s SUV was in the body shop to get the driver side fender and bumper repaired because someone backed into it. Yesterday WifeGeeding damaged the same fender and bumper after hitting my parked vehicle in the driveway. You know, she told me back in college she once ran into a school bus, so I should have seen all of this coming.
- I was being cynic when it came to Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings’ men against domestic violence rally at city hall over the weekend, and then WifeGeeding informs me that a jealous husband shot one of her high school friends dead.
- Texas senior sets new bench press record with 700-pound lift – To put that in perspective, the top NFL bench press mark is reportedly 705 pounds by former Dallas Cowboys offensive guard and new NFL Hall of Fame member Larry Allen.
- First Baptist Church Dallas debuted their new fancy water fountains. The video clip that accompanies the article also shows that the worship area will have actual pews, something I don’t see in many new churches today. I think the ‘trend’ in church design is to have a movie theater atmosphere in the worship center. Edit: Here’s a better clip of the fountains in action – YouTube – It’s interesting that FBC Dallas disabled comments on that clip.
- I always thought the general rule for a church was not to charge their members if they wanted to have a wedding at the church, but per their website, FBC Dallas will charge a member $800 – $1500 for a chapel ceremony.
- Good news for the tech industry – Japan breaks China’s stranglehold on rare metals with sea-mud bonanza
- It was a nice surprise to see Lee Majors on Dallas last night, but it looks like he may have had some face work done – thankfully not as much as Jerry Jones.
- Every Star Wars fans’ dream come true
- Yahoo! bought an app from a 17-year-old Brit for a reported $30 million
- UPS, FedEx and other commercial delivery companies pay an average of 7,000 parking tickets every day and paying more than $102 million in fines
- School in Essex bans triangle shaped flapjacks after pupil is hurt
- Tennessee lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink
- I’m one of those that don’t get Easter off from work, but I’m one of those that get all those weird holidays off.
- It looks like we are going to the zoo tomorrow, but I’m not sure if it will be Fort Worth or Dallas.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink