Bag of Randomness
- Those Cowboys sure are a frustrating bunch to watch. Dez Bryant is consistent, he hurt us at the beginning of the game and made sure to do the same at the end of the game. I’m usually a Romo fan, but he made some bone-headed plays that first quarter.
- You’ll hear more about this as Sunday approaches, but the NFL game most political folks will pay attention to will be the Carolina at Washington game because of the Redskins Rule – “If the Redskins win their last home game before the election, the party that won the previous election wins the next election. If the Redskins lose, the challenging party’s candidate wins.” Per this chart, the Redskins Rule has held true since 1940. I don’t understand betting odds but I think Washington is a four point favorite; and record wise, Carolina is 1-6 and Washington is 3-5. Nothing is guaranteed in gambling, politics, or the NFL. You might have better luck prognosticating by knocking on wood with a rabbit’s foot.
- WifeGeeding and I watched Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds for the first time this weekend. I mainly wanted to watch it because I recorded the HBO movie about the making of the film. WifeGeeding was less than enthusiastic about the ending. Now it’s one to watching the HBO movie.
- I also caught Predator this weekend. I’m not sure if I’ve watched that since the early 90’s, and it certainly doesn’t hold up except for the cheesy lines. “I ain’t got time to bleed.” But in researching the movie, I found out the guy in the predator suit also played the helicopter pilot at the end of the movie, and that three actors in the film ran for governor. You’ve probably guessed Jessie Venture and Arnold Schwarzenegger, the third is Sonny Landham.
- You use to hear NFL announcers point out good form tackling, but not anymore because you don’t really see it. You don’t really see it because I think it’s no longer being coached in the pros and college.
- The New England Patriots and St Louis Rams played a game in London yesterday. There has to be a lot of irony in the stands if Londoners were wearing Patriots garb and cheering them on.
- A dad turns his kid’s pushcart into a Back to the Future DeLorean.
- Bono’s 21-year-old-daughter will be in a movie with Sean Penn and Frances McDormand. She looks a lot like her dad.
- A Jay-Z inspired Christian shirt
- Turning an old church pew into a headboard with shelving for a bed.
- There Are Now Two Shows In Development About Celebrity High Diving
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink