Bag of Randomness
- The Cowboys have played the Giants in their last five regular season games if you count last year and the start of this year.
- A woman made her way into WFAA’s studios, got on the floor, and stated she was paralyzed. I think I may have done the same thing a time or two when it’s diaper changing time.
- I caught a little bit of the Democratic National Convention and flipped around several of the networks to see what they were offering. Even though Current TV is obviously biased, I thought they had some interesting coverage using Twitter. Tweets would scroll through the screen, color coded to who they came from. For instance, red tweets came from established ‘famous’ Republicans, blue from established ‘famous’ Democrats, yellow from people of the media, and so on and so forth.
- I think there’s more energy as the DNC than the RNC, but then again, conservatives are by definition, conservative.
- The Dems paid tribute to the late Ted Kennedy in a video, but it was really part dedication and part Romney attack ad, and it featured footage of a debate between Kennedy and Romney, where Romney stated he was pro-choice.
- I think that’s the hardest part for me when it comes to Romney, he’s changed his mind on so many issues. I don’t know if he changed his mind because it was convenient or if he really researched the issues and had a change of heart.
- Up until last night, I didn’t know San Antonio was the seventh largest city in the U.S., heck, it’s larger than Dallas. wiki
- It’s a bit humbling to know that I’m the same age as the 37-year-old Mayor Castro of San Antonio that spoke at the DNC last night. Here’s a line that liked even thou it’s cliche, “Texas may be the one place where people actually have boot straps and we expect folks to pull themselves up by them.” But I kinda wish he would have channeled Ann Richards and say, “Poor Mitt, he was born with a silver foot in his mouth.”
- Per Nate Silver, the absolute best pollster out there, “the DNC is arranged with speaker at goal end of arena rather than center ice. Looks weird in person but makes crowd look bigger on TV”
- Since it is convention time, I guess now is a good time as any to look at Politifact’s Obamter, where they have tracked and rated the president’s campaign promises.
- An article about Mormon Democrats at the DNC.
- Republican boyfriend tried to kill liberal girlfriend [hat-tip, Barry’s blog]
- 400 trees in LA will be cut down so one of the space shuttles can maneuver the streets.
- Probably the next big thing in social media – MyTV
- For you “Breaking Bad” fans – A chart of every death in Breaking Bad that can be tied back to Walter White
- Shazam-style app shows who funded political TV ads
- Airlines may offer climate controlled seats
- Aggies have a knack for being annoying
- Possible repost: Human Slingshot Slip and Slide
- Google Search is only 18% Search
- $30 Million in Maple Syrup Stolen from Canada’s Strategic Syrup Reserve
- Just a video of a kid with no feet playing soccer.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink