Bag of Randomness
- Now that the Cruz and Dewhurst runoff is over, what is television going to fill all their air time with? Oh, yeah, the Olympics are on.
- Russian Larisa Latynina held the record for winning most Olympic medals for almost half a century until Michael Phelps broke that record yesterday. She attended last night’s race to cheer him on and had a cute response saying it was time for a man to be able to do what a woman had done long ago. She actually wanted to present Phelps with the record breaking medal, which I thought was a very nice gesture, but Olympics rules forbade that.
- Another intersesting fact about Latynina, she won five gold medals while four months pregnant, it’s mentioned on the second page of that article above.
- During the mix and mingle between Norm and Bob and Dan on The TICKET yesterday they hit a tangent and started to power rank the cast of “Major League.” And that my friends is another reason why I love this radio station.
- I dunno why, but I found it interesting that Interstate 30 only goes from Little Rock to Fort Worth.
- I went into a Christian bookstore with the men I have a Tuesday night Bible study with to find a new study guide as we recently finished the one about the Sermon on the Mount. Those kind of stores make me feel uncomfortable . . . on one hand I see the message of Christ being spread and encouraged, and on the other hand I see so many people just trying to make a buck off of God without any sincerity for the faith.
- As well intended as my Baptist friends are, there are too many issues I have with the SBC, and since they own
Family Christian Stores LifeWay, I won’t even step into one. NOTE: Edited
- But if the SBC owned Chick-fil-A, I would still probably eat there.
- NFL player O.J. Murdock killed himself in the parking lot of his old high school, but before doing so, he tweeted a reporter. I wonder how the reporter is taking his death.
- “Newsroom” is finally getting better . . . I think they figured out the more they stay away from the love stories the better the show.
- I found a new shoe that airs the same time as “Newsroom” but I think I enjoy even better . . . “Political Animals” on the USA Network. The cast is great, it stars Sigourney Weaver, the acting is better than expected for a USA show, and the writing is actually great.
- I just finished watching my first season of “Louis” and looking forward to the second. I noticed in one episode he was on a date with a girl, and later that actress played his mother in a different episode.
- I love what Microsoft has done with upgrading Hotmail to something new called Outlook.
- Interesting news for those of you that like to tether your device.
- Those claw machines are rigged, that isn’t a surprise, but here’s how.
- Fun in space – The Apollo 12 lunar checklist had small pictures of Playboy models [Wikipedia]. But don’t worry, one of the men dedicated himself to Christian ministry.
- 2 year old narrating an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine [Thanks Andrew!]
- More pianos are going to the dump
- The Commodore 64 turns 30 years old, and the BBC has a video of a bunch of today’s kids trying to use it.
- America’s Most Surprising Six-Figure Jobs
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink