Bag of Randomness
- While watching Olympic diving last night, I was reminded how Barcelona handed the event by holding it outside where you could see the beautiful backdrop of the city.
- Come to think about it, Barcelona may have been my favorite Olympic games. It all started with the archer lighting the Olympic cauldron (yeah, with a little stage magic), Germany was finally able to compete as a united country, the Dream Team was everything I hoped for, Carl Lewis was still a major figure and this Olympiad happened before his national anthem incident, and Dereck Redmond and his is father showed the world love and support.
- Unable to sleep the other night I was listening to a podcast about the 1900, or second, modern Olympic games. Crazy thing, the games opened on May 14 and closed on October 28. Oh, and their medals were square.
- In case you were wondering, the first Olympic games in 1896 only lasted nine days in April, but the 1908 games lasted from April to October. The games were once again shorted in 1912 taking place from July 6-22. In 1916 the games were suppose to be held in Berlin but were cancelled due to World War I, but once again the games were nice and long again in 1920. Other than the other Olympics being cancelled due to war, the games have been only several weeks long since 1928.
- I was looking through a bunch of old Olympics photos and decided that tug-of-war should still be an event.
- One Olympian competed while being eight months pregnant.
- Flags from Apollo moon landings still standing, new photos reveal – Although still standing, many think they are in bad shape due to 500 temperature swings from 242 F during the day to -280 F during the night, and ultraviolet light.
- Justice Scalia has an interesting Second Amendment thought: Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia on Sunday said that even “handheld rocket launchers” could be considered legal under his interpretation of the Constitution’s Second Amendment.
- Jeff Probst is married to Zack Morriss’ ex-wife.
- Grocery shopping with the Stanley Cup in a shopping cart.
- Our governor tried to run for a national office and lost, and it appears that will happen today with our lieutenant governor as well.
- In case no one else heard of Jerry Jones wanting the glory hole, here you go.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink