Bag of Randomness
- I’ve been really enjoying the Dallas reboot, and last night’s episode had Jerry Jones and J.R. doing a decent amount of talking, and of course the stadium was proudly displayed.
- I’ve also been really enjoying The Next Food Network Star, which also means I start trying to cook new creations for the next month or so.
- Most of the country seems to be experiencing quite a heat wave, but I really don’t think it’s been that bad for Texas. During our roadtrip to Houston I noticed most of the scenery was green along the highways.
- My water bill was about quadrupled than what it normally is, turns out I had a bad sprinkler line that was leaking underground and unbeknownst to me.
- The first question I ever asked my future wife was “If you had to choose a lawyer, would it be Ben Matlock or Perry Mason?” I’ll just leave it up to you to guess which she picked.
- As much as I always admired Andy Griffith, I never watched a single episode of The Andy Griffith Show. The show ran a lot in syndication when I was a child, I just flipped the channel after the opening whistling song. I think there was something a bit too hokey with Barney that turned me off of the show.
- The Mavs looked pretty foolish not resigning Tyson Chandler last year as they were hoping to open some cap room for some big free agency signings this year. Now they are looking really really foolish.
- Two great baseball movies were on HBO yesterday, Fields of Dreams and Major League. I always get chocked up watching Field of Dreams because it was the first movie I watched after getting back to college after my father’s death, and of course there’s that major father/son element to the film. But this time, my main focus was on Moonlight Graham, and how if his dream of being a baseball player worked out or even if he got an at bat and a hit, he would have never became a doctor and helped all the people in his home town. And then there was that choice he had crossing the boundary of no return to help that little girl. Oh, and that wink gave me a whole lot to think about . . . how you think something might just be pretty cool or intimidating, but then you find out it’s just stupid and silly.
- This time around I really noticed as the film came to it’s ending, how dusk started to settle in.
- I always thought the little girl in that movie would turn out to be very attractive, you be the judge with this picture of her in 2010.
- I wasn’t aware that Costner’s wife in the film, in real life, is married to the great Ed Harris.
- Per IMDB, Tom Hanks was orignially offered the lead role.
- I don’t know, but I guess seeing that baseball field in real life would be something else.
- The Gospel found in one paragraph of the Old Testament
- Lifeguard fired for saving a life
- Senegal’s big pink lake
- Possible proof our country is in trouble – 6-year-old raps about Booty Pop
- Rocks that look like food
- “As Time Goes By”
- Boy who wrote to Lego asking for a job at the age of eight sees his dream come true 15 years later
- Probably the best write up of how Romney and Obama look at healthcare
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink