For the most part, I try to keep this blog PG or PG13-ish, and because of that I have my comment filter to set aside any questionable comments in a moderation queue. Recently I found this comment awaiting moderation:
I have a few issues with this comment . . .
1. This person has the unfortunate initials of “F.U.”? Really, seriously? I would think that any parent with any common sense would take into consideration the initials their child is going to have for life. But maybe this person was just trying to say “Fuck You” but was too cowardly to do so and also forget to leave an email address. I’m not sure why a person would use the word “shit” in the first sentence but be sensitive enough to censure “Fuck You”. I mean, if you are going to cuss, cuss . . . let it all out. Perhaps this person is a bit passive aggressive or a bit bipolar.
2. I agree, politicians annoy me too and I don’t much respect them, but I will respect the office that they hold.
3. Come on, this is kind of weak and reaching for low hanging fruit. Really, does anyone think a comment about my wife having one eye is going to hurt me? Not a chance, besides I’ve poked enough fun about her having only one eye on this blog that all my readers would know that wouldn’t hurt me. If this person had any bit of creativeness, I would have expected to see something like, “Your one-eyed wife lacks the perception to clearly see reality.” See what I did there? I’m connecting how people with only one functioning eye lack depth perception, and connecting that with ability to perceive reality. That’s a lot better than just saying my wife has one eye.
4. This person only brought my wife into this? Come one, there was a great opportunity to bring my deceased parents into this, that’s a much better low blow. He or she could have mentioned how my father, who served first in the Navy and in the Army for a total of 28 years through WWII, Korea, and Vietnam, did nothing for his country because he failed to raise me to become a Republican. Better yet, there was an opportunity to say that my mother, who was born in Vietnam but later became a U.S. citizen, brain-washed me into becoming a communist loving sympathizer splinter cell or Manchurian Candidate.
5. I totally agree, I don’t deserve respect, I need to earn it, but some folks I don’t care who I earn it from.
6. This is totally, totally wrong. I didn’t vote for Obama because he was a black man, I voted for him because he’s a fellow half-breed.
7. How on Earth could this person forget that he’s also Muslim?