- I get a kick out of looking at the email signature people add at the bottom of their work email. It’s my belief that nine out of ten times, the longer or more descriptive their email signature, the more they are trying to compensate for lacking something like pay or recognition.
- I’ve mentioned it before, but I still get a giggle out of the answer one of my professors provided when asked how long a paper needed to be for a certain assignment, “It should be like a woman’s skirt. Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to be interesting.” As a part-time educator myself, I borrowed that line many times. He attributed that quote to Lincoln, but considering the fashion and culture of the slain president’s time, I highly doubt it. But who knows, maybe it will be revealed in the upcoming movie about him.
- Much like the president, my thoughts on gay marriage have evolved over time. Coming out as he did (no pun intended) took political courage, and that along with other things might cost him reelection.
- It was reported that his announcement wasn’t planned and reached out to ABC News for an interview. I’m speculating, but I think ABC News was contacted because Press Secretary Jay Carney is marred to ABC News reporter Claire Shipman.
- Christian author and blogger Rachel Held Evans, who is about six years younger than myself, had some interesting words regarding what her generation thinks about the issue of homosexuality:
My generation is tired of the culture wars.We are tired of fighting, tired of vain efforts to advance the Kingdom through politics and power, tired of drawing lines in the sand, tired of being known for what we are against, not what we are for.
And when it comes to homosexuality, we no longer think in the black-at-white categories of the generations before ours. We know too many wonderful people from the LGBT community to consider homosexuality a mere “issue.” These are people, and they are our friends. When they tell us that something hurts them, we listen.
- When it comes to Christians and things like homosexuality and public prayer, I wish their (well, I guess our) attention was more focused on ministering to the sick and needy. As I wrote that I was reminded about a tweet by British Labour politician Jamie Reed:
- San Juan country in Utah borders 14 counties in four different states.
- Just a video of a fawn and a golden retriever playing together.
- Former Dallas Cowboys Charlie Waters is part of a lawsuit against the NFL and was being interviewed yesterday. He stated that he always thought the team doctor had his best interest at heart over anything the team wanted. As much as I respect the guy, I’m not buying it.
- Shawn Kemp performing Shakespeare? Yup.
- Marriage between first-cousins is illegal in 25 states. Here’s a map.
- Four ways mom is used in U2 lyrics
- Another kid scared of a dinosaur
- Arrested Development LEGO set
- Fox has a new dating show in which celebs date non-celebs. Celebrity men seem to want to participate more than the ladies.
- The two Mrs Drapers side-by-side
- A “leaked” final page to the script of the Mad Men series finale, that I think is obviously fake.
- Ed Bark has a most excellent write up about the Jane McGarry DWI.
- What happens when you combine Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out and Mad Men.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks set up a nice surprise. Two kids who’s father is serving in Afghanistan got to throw out the first pitch, but they didn’t know their father was the catcher.
- Those bastards! – Al Qaeda Bombmaker Hides Bombs Inside Dogs and Cats
- Columbia University janitor that came from a worn-torn-country by day, Columbia University student by night, now he’s about to graduate at the age of 51.
- You too can be encased in Carbonite
- JayF: – Haven't been to an Applebee's in several years. I'd guess it's still not the Golden...
- Ben W.: Man, they could have saved a lot of money on market research and just asked me: no way in the world is...
- John Mackovic: When the facts don't fit the narrative, you bury them.
- Tad Billmire: I agree with what Fallon said except when he said Trump took two days to comment. This is absolutely...
- Ben W.: I've quit watching Fallon since the Trump interview he conducted, and shifted my viewing to Late Night,...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From