- With Tyson Chandler winning the NBA Defensive Player of the Year award, does that mean it was silly for the Mavs not to resign him?
- The problem with digital movies - Avengers showing postponed after projectionist accidentally deletes the entire film
- Sen Tom Coburn of Oklahoma was on The Daily Show last night and I was actually impressed with the guy.
- During last night’s Survivor a 22-year-old girl was frustrated with herself because she lost a physical challenge to a “much older” 26-year-old woman.
- When I typed “physical challenge” in that last bullet point, my immediate thought was Double Dare.
- Tom Landry never received the NFL Coach of the Year award.
- An interesting gift card idea - Mexican lawyers promote online divorces
- I didn’t know indoor surfing was an option in DFW
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed a wheel-chaired player
- The iPhone app that rates your attractiveness
- Single slice pizza trays
- The amount of free online storage is getting interesting. I’ve been a fan of DropBox for a while, and I found Microsoft’s SkyDrive a great product with lots of space, and this week I’ve installed Google Drive and Amazon Cloud. I’m actually impressed with Amazon Cloud, you can just right click an item and put it in the Cloud. I may actually start purchasing additional space on one of these and store my pictures on there as a back up. So as a service to you, I created the table below of the results of my research. This table focuses mainly on the online storage aspect for photos, as Amazon has music storage incentives and Google with GMail. The Google numbers look a bit odd because they only stated their rates per month, and I prefer seeing everything in annual comparisons. Yes, there are other backup options like Carbonite and Mozi, but I’m not looking for overall backup of a PC.
|Storage Option||Free Option||Paid Options|
|Dropbox||2 GB + 500 MB per referral, up to 32 GB||50 GB $99 yr
100 GB $199 yr
|7 GB, free upgrade to 25 GB if you already have it||additional:
20 GB $10 yr
50 GB $25 yr
100 GB $50 yr
|5 GB, for a limited time, all paid storage plans include unlimited space for music||20 GB $20 yr
50 GB $50 yr
100 GB $100 yr
etc . . .
|5 GB, 1 GB of Picassa||25 GB $29.88 yr
100 GB $59.88 yr