Bag of Randomness
- Billy Crystal will be hosting the Oscars, and it seems all the young folks are upset that a more ‘edgy’ person isn’t hosting. I guess this is a sign of aging because I was happy to hear he was hosting again.
- I’ve been watching a lot of news about the debacle at Penn State and even took the time to read the 23-page grand jury report. I’m still not convinced that Paterno knew anything more other than what that grad assistant told him, and if he did know more, then my opinion will definitely change, but for now, it seems he’s just a scapegoat. I think he did the right thing in contacting his superiors who were also in charge of overseeing the campus police. I don’t think it would have been right for Paterno to contact the police if he was just going by an eye-witness account of a grad student. What if the grad student’s claim was false and he was just trying to set Sandusky up with that heinous charge? For now, I don’t feel there’s enough for me judge Paterno, although more facts will be coming out, but I certainly don’t have a favorable view of Sandusky and that grad student that did nothing to intervene as that heinous act was taking place.
- A Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader is dating a current Buffalo Bill, and there’s the possibility he might do something special if he scores a touchdown this Sunday and she’s nearby.
- Last night was the start of NFL Thursday Night Football, which I think is pretty stupid. Once commercial that kept airing was for a show called ‘All American Muslim’. It’s a show on TLC (I think) about how American Muslims are fighting negative stereotypes. I just found it interesting the audience they were trying to reach.
- Lots of talk on the blogosphere about how Baylor has a course named Homosexuality as Gateway Drug. Screenprint
- The very first aircraft carrier used wooden planks for a runway.
- Here’s a nicely timed boxing shot. Check out the black man’s head, you can see the ripple effect of the punch.
- A bird tearing strips of paper to make feather extensions.
- Someone created a t-shirt that has an area made of microfiber to clean your glasses.
- Clouds can do some really strange things, but NASA has answers.
- I just discovered that in some people, when you make a fist with your left hand and hold your left thumb inside that fist, it will disable your gag reflex.
- Famous Magazines’ First Covers
- The Tesla S is probably the coolest family car you can find, and these rear-facing-folding child seats are a bit of genius.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink