Bag of Randomness
- I have the Internets again!
- It turns out our neighbor was having some work done with their cable and some worker disconnected our service. WifeGeeding just so happened to spot a repairman burying a cable and he was nice enough to help us. I think she played up that pregnant damsel in distress to the nth degree real well.
- WifeGeeding will be visiting her best friend in Washington D.C. for the next few days. ToddlerGeeding will be spending time at her grandparents. I’ll try not to burn the house down.
- Herman Cain was blaming the Perry camp about this sexual harassment story but decided to blame the Democrats yesterday. I don’t know how that man leads the Republican field.
- I totally see Romney as the nominee. I can see Romney gaining a lot of independent voters, and I can see evangelicals voting for him over that Democrat. But for some reason I still can’t see him being president.
- I don’t know a whole lot about the Penn State fiasco, but from what I do know I don’t think Joe Paterno is really at fault and I don’t think he needs to step down. Once told of the event, he notified his superiors. It would be a different story if he actually witnessed said event, but without doing so I think he was better off reporting it to the administration rather than the police. But it’s a totally different story if he knew the act was actually going on. But I think this is a chance for those that want him to go to get him off the sidelines.
- I never thought that Paterno was a figure head coach. With his personality, I don’t see him doing that. I don’t think he coordinates defense and offensive plays, but I do see him organizing game plans and working like a CEO type of coach.
- Joe Frazier only lost four fights in his life, but they were only to two people.
- I think if boxing wants to make a big comeback in our culture, it needs to schedule a primetime fight on one of the big networks and try to hype it up like the Super Bowl. That Pay Per View model just makes them lose an audience.
- For the last year, a group of friends have been holding a Bible study at my house. Yesterday was the first time I was invited to partake. I enjoyed my time, but I fear that I often talk too much in those situations. It could be because I like to hold on to that Coveyism “Seek first to understand, then be understood.”
- I once had a dancing part in a high school version of “West Side Story.” If you ever meet me, I’ll show you how to do a box-step appropriately.
- I took some time to study the voting ballot yesterday. There’s no way, absolutely NO WAY most voters knew what they were voting for.
- A funny and kinda cute Jurassic Park reenactment.
- I noticed Google has a new speech feature that is now available on the computer and no longer just limited to the mobile phone. In the search box is a microphone icon, once you click it just speak what you want searched and presto. Check it out here. I love not having to type, and I think this is beyond cool.
- Here’s the story behind the picture up top.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink