Bag of Randomness
- When the Cardinals were introduced at The Ballpark, I noticed the Rangers played the “Darth Vadar Music.”
- I made an observation last week that the St Louis Cardinals were going to be in town to play the Rangers and the St Louis Rams were going to be in town to play the Cowboys, but I failed to mention that the St Louis Blues were going to be in town on Saturday to play the Stars. And the night before, some Rams players were in the stands for the baseball game.
- And how friggin’ cool was it to see Josh Hamilton in his Rangers uniform and Lance Berkman in his Cardinals uniform both be honorary captains at the Rams/Cowboys game across the street. Sorry for the caption above, but I couldn’t help myself.
- Lance Berkman is actually from New Braunfels, so I wonder if he’s actually a Cowboys fan.
- I love me some Albert Pujols, but not against the Rangers. The worst part about his historic day on Saturday is that us Rangers fans will see those highlights for the rest of our lives as that night is now part of World Series lore.
- The only park his first home run would have not been out of is Yellowstone.
- I was interested to see what the front pages of the St Louis newspapers would have about Pujols’ night so I visited Newseum.org’s Front Pages section on Sunday and found nothing about the game mentioned. I guess it was too late to include the game in the next morning’s paper.
- I’m surprised Kelly Clarkson wasn’t asked to sing the national anthem.
- I’ve always thought of the Rangers as more of a Fort Worth team than a Dallas team.
- While watching the Rangers game last night and following Twitter I saw someone retweet something from an old high school acquaintance I haven’t thought of in forever.
- The crowd at last night Rangers’ game was very quiet in the ninth, just so nervous we were going to blow that game. And once it was finished, they were not celebratory at all, just very relieved.
- Dallas Cowboy rookie DeMarco Murray didn’t even start the game and now has the franchise record for most rushing yards in a single game. He probably would have got the league record if he didn’t have that misstep on that one play. If the Rangers weren’t playing, he’d get a lot more attention for this accomplishment.
- In Condoleezza Rice’s upcoming memoir she talks about meeting Qaddafi and even acknowledges how he was fascinated with her. In this except, I found this story of him basically making her an 80’s or 90’s version of a mixed tape and presenting it to her in private quite interesting.
- In that except she mentions she’s grateful how the U.S. was able to disarm him of weapons of mass destruction, and makes a very good point that if he had them, he would have used them during this revolution.
- I feel uncomfortable hanging out with people with lots of money, and a lot of folks at my church have a lot of money. I heard one man telling a story that they had a choice of staying in their current house and putting their kid in public school or moving to a less expensive house so they can send their kid to St Marks which is a very well respected private school in the area that has an annual tuition of about $25,000.
- The College of William and Mary has educated three U.S. presidents. Check out the second paragraph to find out the three.
- A really great photo of a fish in a lake.
- Bon Jovi recently opened (ABC News video) a pay-what-you-can kitchen in NJ. If you can’t pay, then you can volunteer and get a gift certificate, and if you are lucky, and can catch him working every now and then. Read more about the restaurant here.
- How a woman changed her email etiquette and got ahead.
- Internet speed and costs around the world
- iPhone 4S / Canon 5d MKII Side by Side Comparison
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink