Bag of Randomness
- ESPN College Game Day has come to the Metroxplex twice this year (LSU/Oregon at Cowboys Stadium, TX/OU at the Cotton Bowl) but not for any area teams.
- While watching College Game Day (something I don’t often do) I noticed a very strong SMU presence.
- When the Texas band took the field before kickoff I noticed that they were lead on the field by fellow band members carry flags from all the current Big 12 schools. I’m not sure if they always do that, or if that was something new to show some sign of conference support. I can only imagine the conversation going on regarding who gets to carry the OU or A&M flag.
- I’m begging to think that Nolan Ryan gets more TV face time during a game then Jerry Jones does with their respective teams.
- The cast of The Princess Bride recently got together for a reunion, here’s the video.
- In times of war, the colors of the Philippines flag changes positions.
- When Colonel Sanders died, Dave Thomas, the founder of Wendy’s, ordered that flags in front of all Wendy’s restaurants be flown at half-staff. I thought of that story when I heard that Google and Samsung are delaying the launch of their next phone which was scheduled for Tuesday.
- On Saturday, this is what you saw on Raiders.com after Al Davis died.
- I believe Davis gave more Football Hall of Fame induction speeches than any other person, but I forgot the kind of depth he had in regards to all aspects of the game: Only person to serve in pros as personnel assistant, scout, assistant coach, head coach, general manager, commissioner, team owner/chief executive officer. Link
- Suzanne Williams is a Colorado State senator that recently plead no contest for a car crash (driving on the wrong side of the road) in Texas that killed a pregnant woman. The cops recommended that she be charged with criminally negligent homicide, tampering with physical evidence, and injury to a child but a grand jury declined to charge her. Troopers cited her on suspicion of having an unsecured passenger under 17 and having a child under 8 unsecured by a safety seat system, and of course driving on the wrong side of the highway. What makes this interesting is the following: Williams sponsored SB 10-110, which was signed into law in 2010. It requires every child under 8 years old be properly restrained in a child restraint system. The law also said it is the parent’s responsibility to ensure children properly use the child restraint system or safety belt system. Link
- I wonder what happened to dad?
- Eric Cantor had some comment about the Occupy Wall Street protestors in which he said, “some in this town have actually condoned the pitting of Americans against Americans.” Isn’t that congress?
- The GOP Horserace
- I checked out Pixar.com again over the weekend to see if there was some kind of Steve Jobs tribute. Nothing. But here’s some fan creative art that I thought was kinda cool.
- Texas woman sues PD for forcing her to listen to Rush Limbaughn
- Ghost town bought — by Philippines church
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink