- Geeding: You're the one with a law degree, so you are much more the expert than I could ever be when it comes to...
- Geeding: I'm quite thankful you were willing to share and bless us with the processing of your thoughts.
- Brent: I liked Benjamin Corey's post and I generally agree with his stance against declaring circumstances to be...
- Matt: Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex. Most of that other stuff is not required by any law;...
- Geeding: That’s a fair question, Matt, and I suppose with the institution and people involved, one may think...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Are We Witnessing America’s Last Days? from First Dallas on Vimeo.
A Glasgow-based company has installed its first commercial “alkaline hydrolysis” unit at a Florida funeral home. The unit by Resomation Ltd is billed as a green alternative to cremation and works by dissolving the body in heated alkaline water. The … Continue reading
Yup, yesterday was my birthday. I thought no one in my tiny office new, but while walking back from a restroom break I noticed a card in one of the girls’ hands, who tried to hide it. I could have … Continue reading
Last week, an Illinois appeals court judge disagreed with that assessment, dismissing the two-year-old lawsuit in which Steven Miner II, now 23, and his sister, Kathryn, 20, sought more than $50,000 from their mother, Kimberly Garrity, for “emotional distress’’ from … Continue reading
U.S. Rep. Steve Southerland told retirees Wednesday that serving in Congress is a great honor and privilege, but not cushy job with lavish insurance and pension benefits that many disgruntled taxpayers seem to think it is. He said his $174,000 … Continue reading
In theory, it shouldn’t take more than two hours to install a baby gate. Peter King in his MMQB column estimates that Jerry Jones makes around $17 million off stadium tours alone. Let’s just say you take away expenses like … Continue reading
Some people give back to their community. Then there’s Fresno County School Superintendent Larry Powell, who’s really giving back. As in $800,000 — what would have been his compensation for the next three years. Until his term expires in 2015, … Continue reading
A Waukee church is being criticized by angry parents for forcing child-care staffers to adhere to Christian principles, banning non-Christians, sexually-active singles, male-female roommates and practicing homosexuals from employment. On Friday, staff members of the Happy Time Preschool & Daycare … Continue reading