- Art Vandalay: " I know my writing skills aren’t very strong, but a recent analysis shows that I use a...
- Larry: Thanks for the response. My fear is that we are just a short step away from having McDonald's signs on...
- Geeding: Your insightful comment made me do a bit of research. My guess was that this was similar to the Grand Canyon...
- Larry: I would like to know how anyone gets permission to deface a natural site with all that contraption. Unless it...
- sara: If you buy good boots, they will last you much longer than sneakers. And if anything happened to them, or the...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Are We Witnessing America’s Last Days? from First Dallas on Vimeo.
A Glasgow-based company has installed its first commercial “alkaline hydrolysis” unit at a Florida funeral home. The unit by Resomation Ltd is billed as a green alternative to cremation and works by dissolving the body in heated alkaline water. The … Continue reading
Yup, yesterday was my birthday. I thought no one in my tiny office new, but while walking back from a restroom break I noticed a card in one of the girls’ hands, who tried to hide it. I could have … Continue reading
Last week, an Illinois appeals court judge disagreed with that assessment, dismissing the two-year-old lawsuit in which Steven Miner II, now 23, and his sister, Kathryn, 20, sought more than $50,000 from their mother, Kimberly Garrity, for “emotional distress’’ from … Continue reading
U.S. Rep. Steve Southerland told retirees Wednesday that serving in Congress is a great honor and privilege, but not cushy job with lavish insurance and pension benefits that many disgruntled taxpayers seem to think it is. He said his $174,000 … Continue reading
In theory, it shouldn’t take more than two hours to install a baby gate. Peter King in his MMQB column estimates that Jerry Jones makes around $17 million off stadium tours alone. Let’s just say you take away expenses like … Continue reading
Some people give back to their community. Then there’s Fresno County School Superintendent Larry Powell, who’s really giving back. As in $800,000 — what would have been his compensation for the next three years. Until his term expires in 2015, … Continue reading
A Waukee church is being criticized by angry parents for forcing child-care staffers to adhere to Christian principles, banning non-Christians, sexually-active singles, male-female roommates and practicing homosexuals from employment. On Friday, staff members of the Happy Time Preschool & Daycare … Continue reading