Bag of Randomness
- Jump the river and kickball were great games to play as a kid.
- I think ABC World News has done a phenomenal job covering the oil spill. Last night they covered all the new non-conventional techniques of oil spill clean up from using hay, special sponges, and new machines – all the stuff that you’ve more than likely have seen on YouTube. You can watch the segment here. They have also done a great job of asking some of the most obvious questions, the kind you wonder the answers to, to the appropriate people.
- I find FireFox to be a memory hog, and even when I close it, I still see that it continues to run in the background.
- Some people think I’m nuts because I see eye floaters all the time, but it’s true.
- When oil is cleaned up from the beach, where does it go? Landfill?
- I had a dream that my friend Richard kept sending me post cards from around the world from places the Peace Corps have been sending him.
- I seldom travel, but when I do, I like to send post cards. Sometimes it’s just nice to get something in the mail that isn’t a bill or junk.
- I’ve been thinking about working on obtaining a certificate to enhance my career. I would prefer a PMP, but I don’t have the project management managing experience to qualify, so I’m leaning towards the CBAP from the IIBA which I do have enough professional working hours in that discipline to qualify for.
- While talking with our pediatrician the other day he mentioned that his daughter recently broke some bones that required casts, and that his insurance covered everything except the casts themselves because they were categorized as an orthopedic device. I thought that was worth noting as we both have the same insurance company.
- I’m not sad the Big XII is about to die. I don’t follow college football as much as I do the NFL, but I am a Texas Longhorns fan, and as long as the rivalries with OU (specifically at the Cotton Bowl) and TAMU are kept in tack, that’s about all I care about.
- New Orleans Saints Raffling Off Super Bowl Ring – all to help those affected by the oil spill.
- Royal Crown soda was the first to use aluminum cans.
- Bachelor and Graduate Degrees per Square Mile – Austin is the highest ranked Texas city at 24, and Dallas and Houston are back-to-back at 31 and 32. San Antonio comes in at 39.
- Here’s an interesting discovery made by a happily married couple. One grew up in Florida, the other from Canada. The couple met at work and eventually got married. The wife had a picture of herself as a toddler at Disney World, but the father noticed in the background of the photo was his father pushing him in a stroller. Yeah, I know, it’s like a lost episode of LOST or something, maybe they have some mutual friend named Jacob.
- 9 iPad Alternatives Worth Checking Out
- How to melt an iPad
- A little more info on that newspaper that keeps showing up in TV
- Celine Dion has a lazy river at her house?
- NASA wants to put a picture of you on one of the two remaining space shuttle missions and launch it into orbit. I uploaded a picture of me, WifeGeeding, and BabyGeeding. http://faceinspace.nasa.gov/
- For the New Yorkers in my life – The Tourist Lane
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink