Bag of Randomness
- “You spend more time at work then you do with your family.” I think my father said that once, and with that said, it was nice to go back to work.
- I mentioned that I recently read Speech-less: Tales of a White House Survivor, which is a conservative book about a Bush speechwriter’s time in the White House. Now I’m reading a more liberal book called The Promise: President Obama, Year One. What’s interesting in the book I’m now reading is that the former book was referenced in it.
- I have to admit if this oil well disaster happened on Bush’s watch, I think I would be up in arms that the nation that put a man on the moon couldn’t plug up a hole in the ocean. With that said, only the private sector has the resources to plug that well and I do think the administration is doing what they can to stop it, but if they want to win the public over, they need a better communication strategy and they need to be showcasing the ships around the well instead of just the skimming boats and people on the beach. If that doesn’t happen soon, there’s no way I see Obama being a two-term president.
- I had a damaged sprinkler head, but instead of replacing only it, I replaced three. It’s the Tim The Tool Man Taylor in me – need . . . more . . . power.
- I’ve been asked to participate in a church committee meeting. I hope they know what they are asking for. I hope I know what I’m getting into.
- I was told I need to take pictures of my baby everyday as they change/grow so fast.
- Yesterday we took BabyGeeding to the pediatrician. For the most part she passed with flying colors, other than a little eye concern which is going to result in visiting a pediatric ophthalmologist today.
- There was once an earthquake so strong in the Midwest that the Mississippi actually flowed backwards for a while.
- In the 1964 NFL draft, Bill Parcells was chosen at 88 right after Bob Hayes. Source
- The last time I was really wowed by an Apple product was the original iPhone. I wonder if they will ever wow me again.
- I emailed Mark Cuban about something last night and he actually replied to me in less than ten minutes. I’ve only emailed the guy twice, but he’s batting a thousand in replying to me so far. It’s not everyday I get an email from a billionaire, or a owner of a sports franchise.
- Abandoned Vietnamese churches get new Texas home
- An NBA player does good
- America’s Most Innovative Cities – Only one Texas city on the list, Austin, which comes in at number two.
- “Who does number two . . . work . . . for . . .”
- Everything you ever wanted to know about a McDonald’s french fry – It’s a long read, but well worth a skim.
- In case you ever needed socks for your moccasins
- Sea Turtle Finds Lost Camera
- Teachers recreate Michael Jackson’s Bad video
- Melissa, Get Well.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink