Bag of Randomness
- Am I the only one that thinks it’s a bit odd that the show America’s Got Talent has two British judges?
- This weekend WifeGeeding and I attended another baby class. I now know how to change a diaper; but the one piece of information that did surprise me is that paper powder is not recommended. It doesn’t matter if it’s talcum powder or corn starch based, it isn’t recommended.
- We don’t have all the parts to WifeGeeding’s crib, so we broke down and bought a new one which will be delivered in about a week.
- We’re thinking of using cloth diapers, at least part of the time.
- While shopping at Target WifeGeeding and I ran into BibleScholarGeorge and his girlfriend who just happened to be shopping for things on our registry – talk about bad timing on our part. He didn’t unveil the purpose of their shopping trip until later in the day, which we all got a good laugh from.
- I’m glad I never got involved in the Mavs hype, and I don’t plan on getting on any Rangers bandwagon anytime soon either. Speaking of the Rangers, they should of gotten rid of Josh Hamilton when they had the chance. Soon he’ll be playing backup, and that whole I Am Second campaign will have an all new meaning to him.
- The Mavs look and play better in the dark blues.
- One thing the new NFL Draft format brings that I don’t think anyone has really mentioned is the amount of energy that can now be focused on each pick. With the old format of an all day, actually, all weekend format, owners, GM’s, and coaches were preparing for a marathon, not a sprint. When you know you are going to have to be focused for an entire day or weekend event for seven rounds, you just try to pace yourself otherwise you are going to be spent early on. But now that the first round is a one night event and the other rounds are spaced out to different days, the decision makers are going to be much more refreshed and alert in the decision making, which probably mean more wheeling and dealing.
- I think locals were trying to make a big deal out of Dez Bryant wearing 88 – did they not forget that Antonio Bryant wore that number after Irvin? But it’s kind of funny to think that if the Cowboys have any extra jerseys from the Antonio Bryant era that they can simply reuse them for the Dez Bryant era. I guess when Antonio Bryant was let go and his jersey went on the clearance rack, it would have been a good time to stock up and sell them at a higher price later.
- I saw that Dallas Cowboy Marion Barber spoke on stage alone to students at Carter High. Good for him, but who knew the guy could speak?
- There’s noting like studying the book of Revelation in Sunday school, but I give a lot of credit to the instructor for pointing out what other denominations believe regarding the book, as well as looking at from a reformed point of view.
- I had a Bible professor that tell a class that I was in that if he were in attendance during any of our sermons and we just happened to say “the book of Revelations” he would stand up and say, “Brother, I’m sorry, but you are mistaken, it is the book of Revelation, not Revelations.” Ever since then, I have noticed just how often people mistakenly put an “s” on the end of that book.
- Here’s an old CCM article in which U2 talks to them about their faith, it was quite interesting, and as a believer who happens to be a U2 fanatic, I really enjoyed it.
- Dutch Boy now has a paint that will help eliminate room odors because of its Arm and Hammer additive. I’m not sure it works as advertised.
- Obama paid a visit to Billy Graham over the weekend. Graham gave Obama two New King James Bibles, one for him and one for the First Lady. Out of all the different translations of the Bible, I’m surprised that Graham decided to go with that version.
- I wonder how many people are upset with Billy Graham for praying with a Muslim.
- Admiral Ackbar toilet
- KFC & Krispy Kreme Fried Chicken Luther Double Down Sandwich
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink