Bag of Randomness
- I griped about my PayPal dilemma the other day, and now I have a new gripe about another transaction. I found out about that PayPal unauthorized transaction because I checked the balance on the bank account I have linked to my PayPal account before making a $150 purchase on Overstock.com. Instead of using PayPal because of that snafu about the unauthorized transaction, I decided to use the debit card for that bank account. After making the purchase, I checked the account the next day only to find that I was charged twice for the transaction, leaving my available balance pretty darn low.
- Yes, that means I’m waiting for a $199.99 refund from PayPal, and now I’m waiting for $150 refund from Overstock.com. It’s funny how companies can take money out of an account almost instantly, but it takes about five business days for funds to be refunded.
- I called Overstock and they told me they would look into it, and later in the day they contacted me to say that there were two pending pre-authorizations placed on my debit card but they will only collect the funds once, that it will look like a double charge, but assure me that only once transaction was processed. OK, I somewhat almost kinda sorta understand that, but when they perform the two pending pre-authorizations, they basically took out $300 for a $150 purchase. So once again, I wonder what would happen if I didn’t have double the funds available and an overdraft fee was charged to my account from my bank. And I don’t really understand the need to double dip me only to decrease my available funds, and then decide to only charge me once.
- PayPal, Overstock.com . . . you are on notice.
- I heard Obama not only called Coach K and congratulated him on his team’s victory, but he also spoke to the Butler team via speakerphone.
- Several of my readers have recommended the movie W. to me, and I’m guessing that’s because it’s showing on Showtime. I have it recorded, but just haven’t got around to it.
- Every year April 4 rolls around and I always feel like I’m forgetting something about that day, and then a few days later I’m reminded how it’s part of a U2 song.
- I ate at Bubba’s for the first time yesterday, it’s basically a fast food version of Babe’s.
- Web-based email clients like Hotmail and GMail need to have some sort of urban legend filter or application. I get easily annoyed when people forward me that crap. It’s amazing what some people will just believe.
- I’m going to be a new dad pretty soon, but the one thing I absolutely don’t want to hear is someone telling how to do things or that I’m doing things wrong. Yes, all this is new to me, and I certainly don’t know it all, and I’m willing to be taught, but at the same time, let me learn from my mistakes, and I can guarantee-damn-sure-you that I won’t do anything to harm my child.
- People mean well when they say my daughter is going to have me wrapped around her finger, but I’m seriously considering pepper-spraying the next person that says that to me. Personally, I find it insulting. Yes, that girl is going to melt my heart, but that comment tends to hint that fathers are easily manipulated and aren’t very smart, much like how many fathers are portrayed in televisions and movies today. Like I say, I know people mean well, but I find it insulting.
- I can’t remember if I mentioned that Home Depot just allowed me to just exchange my new weedeater for another one because of that battery issue. All that to say I’m going to try the new one out later today. Yea springtime . . . yea yardwork!
- Obama indicated that he was black when filling out the Census. I admit, I was stumped filling out the Census as there wasn’t a category I felt comfortable checking for my mixed race. When choosing a race, I almost feel like I’m forced to choose one of my parents over the other.
- Speaking of my race, there’s casting for a Jersey Shore kind of show for Asian-Americans. Oh boy, as if we aren’t stereotyped enough.
- I’m looking forward to Tina Fey hosting SNL.
- Tiger sure did sound refreshed during his press conference.
- I’m not sure how I would feel if I new all eyes were on me like Tiger on the golf course. You know, every now and then you just have to scratch your nose, which might look like a pick, and then you are left just looking silly. Or what if you underwear starts to ride up and you need to make an adjustment with millions of people watching – it’s hard to pull that off and look cool.
- It’s been so windy here in North Texas that I’m certain if I installed wind tower for power that the electric company would end up owing me money.
- I’ve done a lot of painting touch-up around the house as of late.
- There’s a park in Coppell that use to have a sign that said “Andy Brown Park”, now it says “Andrew Brown Park”. I wonder why the name was changed when the new sign went up.
- There’s just something about watching a dog dream.
- I haven’t watched V since it came back on, and for some reason I don’t think I’m missing anything.
- A guy at work stopped my and asked my why I never stop by his cube for chit-chat. Yeah, that was awkward.
- Steve Jobs leaving an Apple store
- I wonder if I will be able to hear the Texas Stadium implosion from my house.
- America, if you prefer Kate Gosselin to Buzz Aldrin, I don’t know what to do with you.
- If San Fransisco were flat
- I applaud you Senator Tom Coburn.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink