Bag of Randomness
- WifeGeeding’s post-op appointment went splendidly. So well in fact, the doctor didn’t even charge us.
- Today it’s off to the ocularist to have her old eye adjusted to fit over her new implant. Yeah, I know, it can all get a bit confusing if you aren’t familiar with this kind of stuff.
- When I get together with a lot of my closest friends, we like to quote movies, and often we will quote Kip Dynamite from Napoleon Dynamite – “Like anyone can even know that.”
- That line came to mind when I was researching my home town on the Internets. Supposedly the inventor of the paper clip built a house in Mineral Wells, TX.
- I couldn’t find any information in the Internets to back that claim, which sounds just as funny as Dr Evil when he said his father claimed to have invented the question mark.
- And it appears that Mike Modano of the Dallas Stars was in a dunking booth in Mineral Wells. That would seem extremely generous of him to travel to such a remote and small town to do such a thing. But perhaps the booth was in Dallas and was sponsored by the Crazy Water company from Mineral Wells, that would probably make more sense.
- But then again, Mineral Wells is a hotbed of hockey talent.
- Actually, it’s not.
- I remember as a kid when we use to eat out at the old K-Bobs every one in a while, and I thought that was fancy dining. That K-Bobs is now a bank oddly enough.
- There was a big old country wagon turned into a salad bar that caught my attention. And there was a barrel of cracks next to it. While we waited for our food, I always use to dig in there trying to find all the rectangular townhouse crackers since they tasted better than the square saltine crackers.
- I miss K-Bobs. I wonder if there are any that are still around, I would probably eat there just to try to bring back some old memories.
- An Aggie friend of mine brought up that TAMU was looking for a new president and needed someone who was conservative. I mentioned that Sarah Palin no longer has a job. He cringed.
- The soup and cracker mug is a heck of an idea.
- I hear a disc jokey reader of mine is giving me a shout out on the air in Kansas City this morning. I posted a video of that laughing weather man, and now he’s booked on my reader’s radio show.
- What happens when you combine Full Metal Jacket with Star Wars. Link
- The name “Sanyo” means “three oceans” in Japanese. The founder of the company’s wanted to sell his products across the Indian, Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
- A stage group in Austin is putting together a Saved By The Bell skit about Jessie’s pill problem episode. Link
- I bought a safety razor yesterday to kick things old school, wish my face luck.
- Speaking of face, has Marie Osmond got some work done on her face? The skin underneath her eyes look stretched.
- As a Cowboys fan, I’m suppose to have a strong dislike for the Eagles. But I have nothing but respect and admiration, and was extremely envious of the defenses that Jim Johnson put together. He was one heck of a coach, and will be missed. Skin cancer is nothing to scoff at.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink