- Gabe Waggoner: This is why we say that Abilene is “a good place to be from.” The house my mom just bought...
- RPM: Is that the bowling alley in Mineral Wells? Haven’t bowled there in 40 years.
- Ben W.: Hmmm…I could pay a ton of money for a self-heating razor, or I could just continue to use my $1...
- AndreaJN: Now I’ve got Elvira stuck in my head! 🙂
- Bizarro Big Tex: I remember the Mexico assistance story during the Katrina tragedy vividly. Then Governor Perry...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From
Daily Archives: 12 May 12, 2009
Debbie Gibson has seen better days. Article
Woman says she killed husband over TV volume during Dallas Cowboys game An Allen woman accused of killing her husband said she stabbed him in the heart after he turned up the volume of a Dallas Cowboys game, according to … Continue reading
A one-week time-lapse of the sun never setting way up north.
Members of the House of Representatives have introduced a resolution seeking to declare 2010 as “The Year of the Bible.” The bill was introduced last week by Rep. Paul Broun , a Republican from Georgia, and co-sponsored by 13 other … Continue reading
Stweet is a mix of street and twitt, offering a real new way to discover geolocalised twitts from Twitter on a Google Street View panorama. Stweet is an artistic project dealing with the appropriation of geographical, photographic and real-time data … Continue reading
I found this photo in a NY Times OpEd piece, the picture made me laugh.
Yes! The frequency of chirping varies according to temperature. To get a rough estimate of the temperature in degrees fahrenheit, count the number of chirps in 15 seconds and then add 37. The number you get will be an approximation … Continue reading
The London Evening Standard today launches one of the most daring of publicity campaigns by apologising to Londoners for its previous behaviour. Buses and tubes will carry a series of messages throughout the week that begin with the word “sorry.” … Continue reading
At our Mountain View headquarters, we have some fields that we need to mow occasionally to clear weeds and brush to reduce fire hazard. This spring we decided to take a low-carbon approach: Instead of using noisy mowers that run … Continue reading
Kids, don’t try this at home.