- DF of LL: RE: College flashback dreams I still have those, even though I graduated from Baylor 37 years ago. I'm...
- The Donald: We lived 2 blocks north of the turnpike when I was in high school, and sometimes I would use the toll...
- Triple Fake: I had completely forgotten about the Orbis speed camera experience in Arlington. The dread of the...
- RPM: One of the few people I follow on Facebook is Chuck Yeager. They don't make 'em like Chuck anymore. I...
- ALEC: I have a recurring dream in which I'm attending UTA, and I forget to drop a certain class, feeling of doom...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From
Daily Archives: 05 May 5, 2009
The US’s highest ranking military officer has said it is not the US military’s position to promote any specific religion, after Al Jazeera revealed footage of troops apparently preparing to convert Afghans to their Christian faith. “From the United States’ military’s perspective, … Continue reading
ELKHORN — Some law enforcement officers do it for honor. Others do it for fame. There might even be those who do it for money. Sgt. Howard Sawyers does it for doughnuts. The sergeant, who trains correctional officers at the … Continue reading
Man is “weak in himself, and of small stature,” wrote 19th-century essayist Thomas Carlyle. Yet, with tools, “the granite mountain melts into light dust before him, seas are his smooth highway, winds and fire his unwearying steeds.” And this from … Continue reading
To commemorate its Canadian centennial and thank Canadians for 100 years of support, Heinz has created The Great Canadian Heinz Ketchup Cake — an ideal dessert for any celebration. It’s red, perfectly spiced and delicious. Think carrot cake without all … Continue reading
I have to admit it’s a little tense watching it, the suspense kills ya.
Hundreds of libraries and archives exist online, from university-supported sites to individual efforts. Each one has something to offer to researchers, students, and teachers. This list contains over 250 libraries and archives that focus mainly on localized, regional, and U.S. … Continue reading
Maybe You Shouldn’t Buy That – A collection of the most expensive and most worthless items in the world.
If we started a movie on the day you were born, and stretched it over your lifespan, this is where you’d be in that movie. So if you’re a teenager, you might see Luke arguing with Uncle Owen, or Cameron … Continue reading