APRIL 29–The Federal Emergency Management Agency has removed a children’s coloring book from its web site following criticism over its inclusion of drawings of the September 11 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. The coloring book, titled “A Scary Thing Happened,” is geared towards helping kids “cope with disasters,” and was prepared by a Minnesota crisis response team. Until yesterday, the coloring book could be downloaded from the FEMA web site. As seen below, the coloring book’s cover montage includes a drawing of one of the Twin Towers on fire as a plane approaches the second building.
- Bizarro Big Tex: Keith, you are correct that a classic KFC was in the vicinity. It just was not that building, but...
- Gabe Waggoner: This is why we say that Abilene is “a good place to be from.” The house my mom just bought...
- RPM: Is that the bowling alley in Mineral Wells? Haven’t bowled there in 40 years.
- Ben W.: Hmmm…I could pay a ton of money for a self-heating razor, or I could just continue to use my $1...
- AndreaJN: Now I’ve got Elvira stuck in my head! 🙂
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From