Bag of Randomness
- It’s so weird, but I just haven’t had time to blog as of late. Yesterday I had to stay very late after work because of high level problem . . . all that to say that this is probably the only post you will see today.
- Yesterday I had a few questions about my camera. I ended up buying a Canon SD770 IS. I chose this model because I wanted a time lapse feature, and my friend Jonathan sent me a link on how to hack a Canon and turn it into a super camera.
- I got a really good deal on the camera. The Canon website says it retails for $229.99, which is the price at Best Buy, but they didn’t have any stocked in any of the DFW stores. Wal-Mart has the camera for $199.88, but you can only order it online. Staples had them in stock, but were selling it for $299.99. None of the Ritz or Wolf Camera stores had them in stock, but Office Depot were selling them for $189.99. But per their website, only one store in the area had the camera in stock, and that store was way out of my way. For the heck of it, I called the closest location to my work, and they only had the display model in which they were willing to sell me, and they would hold it for me until I could get there during my lunch break. Since it was a display item, he gave me a discount, and after taxes I paid less than a $150 for the camera. Lucky me.
- I also have a Sony DSC H-1 which is the closest thing to a digital SLR without actually buying one, but it’s just too bulky to carry around, so that’s why I bought a new camera.
- How much money do you think a CEO of a Fortune 500 company makes? In particular, one that was recently named one of America’s Best CEOs by Institutional Investor magazine, that is, number one on the Consumer list. Lets say this person is CEO of the largest airline in the U.S. by the number of domestic passengers flown. You would think millions, right? The answer may surprise you.
- I haven’t paid attention to any local sports as of late, but off hand I bet the Rangers are off to a slow start and the Mavs are just barely in the playoffs.
- I think I finally found a taker for my pool table.
- The water pressure in my shower is great.
- I grind my teeth a lot at night so I sleep with a night guard in my mouth.
- I think I have ADD, but wonder how that can be diagnosed.
- GeedingManor might just be getting a tankless hot water heater in the next few months.
- I would also like to have some insulated windows installed, but I don’t we have the budget for such a thing.
- My wife loves tulips.
- It was great wearing shorts to work yesterday. I felt like it was the first time all year it was warm enough for me to put them on.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink