This person took each college’s most frequent “favorite books” that was reported on Facebook, compared them with each college’s average SAT/ACT scores, and then ranked the books from dumbest to smartest. You the link below to view the entire chart, but here’s a sample.
He even took the time to break it down per school. I’m sure your school is on the list, because my school even made the list. Link
Here are some favorite books from a collection of universities of my readership:
- Hardin-Simmons (aka the Harvard of the South): The Bible, The Lord of The Rings, The Giver, Blue Like Jazz
- University of Texas at Austin: Harry Potter, 1984, The Bible
- Baylor: The Bible, Harry Potter, To Kill A Mockingbird
- Texas A&M: The Bible, Harry Potter, Pride and Prejudice
- Princeton: Harry Potter, The Great Gatsby, Pride and Prejudice
I found this to be a very intriguing site, as you can click on each book and check out the stats on it.
Not to be outdone, there’s also Music That Makes You Dumb.
And the schools.
- Hardin-Simmons : Switchfoot, Green Day, Third Eye Blind, The Fray
- University of Texas at Austin: Coldplay, Jack Johnson, The Beatles
- Baylor: Coldplay, Jack Johnson, John Mayer
- Texas A&M: Jack Johnson, Country, The Fray
- Princeton: Coldplay, U2, Radiohead
I should have attended Yale, Penn, Columbia, Georgetown, Davidson, or Wheaton – these are a few that had U2 at number one. But I did earn an MBA from the University of Dallas which also had U2 at number one.