Bag of Randomness
- I get a lot of invitations from people to join LinkedIn, but I can’t tell if it’s spam or people that really want me to be part of their network.Â Even though it’s a business professional social networking site, I want to do what I can to avoid being easily found.
- I may have mentioned this before, but my dad never needed an alarm clock and never overslept, even if he had to wake up at four in the morning for something.
- I just learned that a new glass-eye without insurance will cost $2650.
- I sometimes wonder why God gave us and many other of his creatures two nostrils.Â Doesn’t one suffice?
- I was in a meeting in which someone didn’t know the old joke that La Quinta translated means “next to Denny’s.”
- In that same meeting someone didn’t know that March Madness involves college basketball.
- I read that all the Virgin Megastores will be closing by the summer, which is going to leave a big hole in Grapevine Mills Mall.Â Much like newspapers, these music stores will be dying off soon, they just can’t compete with the ability to download.
- For those of you that are into church and politics, the last four paragraphs of this piece resonated with me, and I think pretty much sums up why one can’t automatically assume that all young evangelicals are part of the GOP.
- Speaking of the GOP, the wrong people in that party keeps getting all the attention.Â I have a lot of conservative friends, and I think most would shudder at a lot of stuff that comes from the mouths of Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter.
- But it does seem a bit odd how twice within a month someone in the GOP will criticize Limbaugh, and then two days later recant.
- Sandra Day O’Connor was on the Daily Show last night, and it was the first time I ever really heard her speak.Â I found her charming and insightful, in a real grandma sort of way; especially when she was asked how cordial the court seemed to be, and she made some statement how in law school lawyers have to learn how disagree agreeably since the knew they will be working with each other for a long time.
- She also made reference to how voting happens, that it starts with the Chief Justice, then down from the most senior to the newest judge, which she was for six year.Â On her very first case, the tally was 4 to 4, and she was left with the deciding vote.Â Talk about pressure for the freshman on the court.
- Last night GeedingManor was refinanced from 5.75% to 4.625%.
- Hamster goes organic. Link
- Where was this when I was in college?
- Sad, yet funny: Abandoned baby otter mistook harmonica player for its mother
- The iPhone’s grandfather
- McFlurries from around the world.Â Link
- I just might be a Christian Hipster.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink