Bag of Randomenss
- For about the fourth time, one of my emails to the guys at sports radio 1310 The Ticket was read on the air. If you recall the boa constrictor story yesterday morning – yup, that was me. Now if I could only get him to plug my website on air.
- Even though I don’t plan on reading it, I think I like Dubya’s format for the book he plans on writing. In essence, he’ll pick 12 questions or topics of his own choosing and answer them in detail.
- Not only is this one heck of a sports name, but if your first name is Chief, does that automatically make you the captain of the team? Maybe there’s a captain and a chief. I dunno.
- The last project I worked on before leaving Fidelity was a tool to help manage credit default swaps – yes, the very thing that caused this economic mess.
- One stat stood out with the recent death sentence law being changed in New Mexico. That state had two people on death row, compared to the over 300 that on Texas’ death row – per our local Fox news station. All sorts of Texas death row info can be found here.
- The Natasha Richardson death has led me to do a lot of reflecting, in particular over my mother’s death, as many of you know fell down the stairs which resulted in severe head trauma. It wasn’t until I read this article, in particular the parts about blood thinners and recovery time, in which I got a better of understanding of just how bad things were. And to think I use to roll my eyes when I see kids today wear helmets to ride bikes – something none of use did as children.
- A lot of people reached out to us after Mom died, but one in particular sticks out. I have this friend named Barry. I’ve never met the guy or talked to him on the phone, but I read his blog daily and I know we share a lot of the same visitors. After he learned of my mother’s passing, he made a very touching post about it. You can check it out here, but you may want to keep from reading the comments.
- I wonder when all computers will have some type of touch screen ability.
- The new “A larrrrrrrrrrge for $5.99?” commercial from Pizza Hut is driving me batty.
- GMail has a new Undo Send feature.
- Someone created a blog pretending to be Obama’s Teleprompter.
- Now this is interesting, a foot-powered roller coaster.
- Keira Knightly without make-up
- A NY Times article about the popularity of hiking nude in the Swiss Alps.
- I didn’t know GoogleMaps has a User Photos option.
- Orangutan caught a rope thrown by humans and swam across flooded river to save her baby. Article w/pics
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink