Synopsis: “Operation Babylift” was a $2 million dollar US initiative that airlifted over 2,000 Vietnamese orphans out of a war-torn country to protect them from the impending threat of the Communist Regime. Coined by some as “one of the most humanitarian efforts in history,” it was also plagued by lawsuits and political turmoil. Even with the best intentions, these adoptees grew up facing a unique set of challenges in America, including prejudice overshadowed by a controversial war and cultural identity crisis. Now, over thirty years later, this documentary takes a candid look at a significant yet untold event as seen through the eyes of the volunteers, parents, and organizations directly involved, as well as uncovers the “lost” stories of the the adoptees and who they have become as adults. This documentary is not just a a historical piece, but gives a contemporary voice and perspective on international adoption today through the eyes of the adoptees themselves.
- df of ll: The Trump GIF is missing a Bible and an eagle. And maybe a rabid dog.
- Barry: Man, I miss Jon Stewart.
- Guy: Re: Cruz's pledge. If you remember, the whole thing behind the pledge was to force Trump to support the...
- Michael Willoughby: I feel very, very sorry for your podiatrist. Potentially shocking for that doctor upon entering...
- Ben W.: Ivanka Trump is impressive. There is a quiet rumor that she is the driving force behind this entire show, and...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From