Synopsis: “Operation Babylift” was a $2 million dollar US initiative that airlifted over 2,000 Vietnamese orphans out of a war-torn country to protect them from the impending threat of the Communist Regime. Coined by some as “one of the most humanitarian efforts in history,” it was also plagued by lawsuits and political turmoil. Even with the best intentions, these adoptees grew up facing a unique set of challenges in America, including prejudice overshadowed by a controversial war and cultural identity crisis. Now, over thirty years later, this documentary takes a candid look at a significant yet untold event as seen through the eyes of the volunteers, parents, and organizations directly involved, as well as uncovers the “lost” stories of the the adoptees and who they have become as adults. This documentary is not just a a historical piece, but gives a contemporary voice and perspective on international adoption today through the eyes of the adoptees themselves.
- Alex: Welcome back my friend.
- Triple Fake: “Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday” Triple Fake Apollonia Corleone
- Geeding: I’m still mourning the death of Michael Corleone’s first wife.
- Alec666: I went Rome this past summer and Paris….Keith, Italian women are incredible…
- RPM: “and a loaded clip is kept elsewhere. ” It’s a magazine, not a clip. Gunnery Sergeant Hartman...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From