A Pennsylvania mother sued Universal Music Publishing Co. in federal court in San Francisco on Wednesday for forcing YouTube to take down her home video of her toddler son dancing to 29 seconds of a Prince song. Stephanie Lenz’s lawsuit accuses Universal Music of sending YouTube an allegedly baseless complaint on June 4 claiming that her video violated the company’s copyright to Prince’s “Let’s Go Crazy.” The complaint resulted in YouTube’s removal of the video from its Web site for six weeks until Lenz sent the video-sharing Web site a counter-notice demanding reposting, the lawsuit says.
- John Smith: Fantastic post!
- Jb: Awesome post. I ran through the same emotions when I turned 40. Turns out, it was just another day. Still had the...
- barry: Happy 40th, Geeding. You've got a good thing going — keep on, keepin' on.
- RPM: Happy Birthday! Don't worry, 40 is nothing. Wait til you hit 50. That one will get your attention.
- sara: Happy birthday Geeding, and many many more.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From