- wordkyle: Re: gerrymandering – Gerrymandering has been around since the first Congress. Whether it's...
- Ben W.: I was just pleased they correctly identified Spaceship Earth as a geodesic sphere. (Also, that they...
- Seymore: Bosworth was a one man show. Some great marketing was going on back then. Maybe the NCAA learned how much...
- RPM: I watched most of the World Series and was rooting for KC, but Game 7 was simply fantastic baseball. Madison...
- ReadDude: The no bread / potato comments are right on. Look up the book, by Gary Taubes on why a low-carbohydrate...
Looking For Something?
Support a BoN Sponsor
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From
Support a BoN Sponsor
Daily Archives: 12 June 12, 2007
It gets pretty cute around the two minute mark.
As a child, I was slightly obsessed with Nintendo Duck Hunt. It was fantastic. Years later, I used my new obsession, knitting, to relive my Dunt Hunt days. Here’s the results, enjoy!! Notes: -sweater took just over a month of … Continue reading
The creator of this map has had the interesting idea to break down that gigantic US GDP into the GDPs of individual states, and compare those to other countriesâ€™ GDP. What follows, is this slightly misleading map â€“ misleading, because … Continue reading
In 1983, 50 corporations controlled the vast majority of all news media in the U.S. At the time, Ben Bagdikian was called “alarmist” for pointing this out in his book, The Media Monopoly. In his 4th edition, published in 1992, … Continue reading
When Hub Brown’s students first told him they loved “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” and sometimes even relied on it for news, he was, as any responsible journalism professor would be, appalled. Now he’s a “Daily Show” convert. “There … Continue reading
For instance, here’s an anti-adoption website:Â www.antiadoption.org. Adoption is not a benevolent institution at all. Rather, it is a capitalistic industry that employs the use of coercion, false promises, and secrecy to thrive. However, even many who acknowledge these problems … Continue reading
When Dr Brady Barr decided to dress up as a crocodile, the disguise needed to be good. Otherwise he was in grave danger of being eaten by the real thing. The zoologist adopted his bizarre outfit in the hope of … Continue reading
If you’re not already pounding the streets – and pounding your cellulite – with a pair of FitFlops, you’ll have to join the thousands in the queue for this summer’s must-have footwear. The innovative flip flops, dubbed ‘FitFlops’, are designed … Continue reading