High-definition television (HDTV) has evolved from an early-adopter indulgence to a mainstream technology in less than a decade. Enthusiasm for HD everything is driving the sales of flat-panel TVs and has inspired a next-gen DVD format war. Itâ€™s showing up in camcorders and on your local TV news. Â
Yet HDTV remains a widely misunderstood technology, muddled with misconceptions and half-truths born of marketing mumbo jumbo and senseless jargon. The advertised specifications read like bewildering mathÂematical equations with â€œvariablesâ€ such as 1080i, 720p, 4:3, 1080p and 16:9. Â
To clear the air of confusion weâ€™ve examined some of the most wrongheaded bits of received wisdom in the world of HD.
- Alec666: “I just want safety and happiness for him and his loved ones. Courage” Great Keith, with those...
- Arely: Geeding, thanks so much for the post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.
- AK: I am starting to worry too
- AK: I would like to know too!!
- RPM: That was my first thought, too. That is some straight up Alien stuff.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From