- Before wifeGeeding and I headed to Georgetown, TX for a baby dedication, my mother accidentally ran the van into the house/garage.Â Other than being an emotional wreck, she’s OK.Â For right now we have to sleep with the garage door open.Â At first I was concerned that something might get stolen, then I came to the realization that everything in the garage is pretty much junk and is just taking up space.
- I saw a bumper sticker that made me laugh, it read “In God I Trust, In Bush I Don’t.”Â Which made me think, I can’t believe there are more tax cuts coming from Washington.Â The government is in a deficit along with an ongoing war, and more tax cuts are coming?Â This just doesn’t make sense to me.Â If anything, raise the minimum wage.Â I can’t imagine being in college working for minimum wage and trying to fill my car with gas for three bucks a gallon.
- Decided to listen to The Da Vinci Code on audio book for the drive.Â I’m glad God made the iPod.Â I’ve only listened to one audio book book on a drive and it almost put me to sleep at the wheel.Â That book was the Colin Powell autobiography.Â GreatÂ audio book by a great man, but an autobiography isn’t really something that can really keep your attention on high alertÂ for about 4-5 hours.Â However,Â The Da Vinci Code is pretty darn good, I feel like I need to finish it before the movie comes out.Â Sorry if I disappoint you in that I’m listening to the audio book and will watch the movie.Â I don’t feel like I’m selling out my faith in Christ, I just look at the book as a work of fiction, just like the Flying NunÂ or Indiana JonesÂ (FYI – he really didn’t find the Ark of the Covenant).Â
- There is a popular joke about La Quinta hotels, that translated from Spanish to English it means “next to Denny’s.”Â Our La Quinta was not located next to a Denny’s, but rather a funeral home.Â In case you are wondering, ‘la quinta’ translates into ‘the villa.’
- La Quinta had free Wi-Fi, I was happy that I brought my laptop.
- I ate in a park in whichÂ the Georgetown High School football stadium is located.Â This was the same stadium in which Vasity Blues was filmed.Â I hear the locals still hear a lot of West Caan High Coyotes t-shirts, but I didn’t see any.
- Proof that I love my in-laws:Â I sacrificed watching the first half of the San Antonio – Dallas NBA Playoff game.Â That’s love.Â Much thanks to Jimi for text messenging me the score from time to time.Â Little did I know he was at the game, about two rows up from the floor.
- The church I visited had a person there named Raef.Â Other than former Dallas Maverick Raef LaFrentz, he is the only other Raef I know.
- Whataburger is a popular fast food place in this area of the country.Â Great burgers, and great breakfast.Â I saw a billboard advertising a chicken biscuit, which means I’m going to have to investigate this further.Â Although there wasn’t anything about this new breakfast item on their website.Â Right now Chick-Fil-A has the best chicken biscuit for breakfast, I’m sure Whataburger will not disappoint.
- Watched the final episode of The West Wing.Â It was OK, I guess I can say that the show left gracefully.Â I think it did a good job showing the awkward and anticipatory feelings of one administration leaving and a new one just taking off.Â I thought it was touching how they played one last little tribute to Leo with the framed napkin note, even though all us fans from the show saw it coming.
- Terry didn’t win Survivor Panama, but he went down with class.Â Also, as annoying as Shane was, I think I finally realized that he was good entertainment.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink